Eodo were engaged by Delta Electricity to construct a seven-kilometre brine wastewater pipeline from Wallerawang Power Station to Mount Piper Power Station. The project was complex and urgent for the client.
The scope included:
- Construction of 7km wastewater pipeline
- Construction of pump station building and header tank and the installation of high pressure pumps.
- All Survey, land access, environmental management, route clearing
- Existing Services relocation
- Pipeline crossings were required beneath major road and rail infrastructure and Cox’s river, carried out using under-boring techniques
- Excavation for and installation of new pipeline in challenging environmental conditions including water charged swamp, steep mountainous and rocky terrain and through protected aboriginal heritage areas, operational coal mine and two power stations
- Structural steel supply and installation for above ground pipe installation
- Water hammer control using specialised pressure vessel imported from France
- Solar power supply and fibre optic control cabling installation and commissioning to allow remote operation of emergency line break valves installed along the pipeline route
- All associated electrical, communications and programming works